It's incredible how time really does seem to fly yet linger on at other times. I cannot even being to fathom that I only have about another month and a half here. Was it not just this January that I arrived cold and alone in my freezing, moldy apartment? Now I've reached the end of my classes and I begin the mad dash to finish essays and study for exams by the 13th of April so I can travel without a care?
I pick classes for my senior year in college tomorrow. Holy. Shit. Just one year left. My schedule stands as:
Beginning Spanish
Islam
Comparative Politics of Developing States
Politics of Latin America
Themes of Africa
plus I want to audit Arabic and Politics of the Middle East. Plus I'm going to finally declare my double major by adding Political Science. Which means I need an internship on top of that. Busy Busy Busy!
I still can't seem to believe how fast the time has gone. Miriam and I both worry about how we're going to adjust when we come back home. I'm going to get off the plane, hug my family, drink my ice coffee, then beg to return to the airport for my next adventure. Maybe not to Ireland, maybe to India, South Africa, or anywhere! But I know that won't be the case and it will be difficult to not have the world on my fingertips. But maybe I'll explore the U.S. I'd love to see the desert, great lakes, national parks etc... Being here and seeing so much has reminded me that I have yet to see even half of my own country. I must make a list of where I want to go and I will not settle until I've checked every last one off.
I'm going to Edinburgh on the 13th. I'll plan another trip into mainland Europe before Easter. We'll see where life takes me next.
But, for now, peace out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey! I'm enjoying reading your blog and I want to tell you, I'm taking Latin American Politics AND Comparitive Politics of Developing States!!!! We can be study buddies all semester! woo hooo
ReplyDelete